Soul+Food #1: Bone Broth
March 13th will kick off the 2016 Soul+Food Series.
What is Soul+Food?
Liz Davis, RN, NTP and myself will be teaching a series of classes that we have coined Soul+Food. Soul+Food is a way to synergistically promote a stronger, healthier mind, body and soul. We will be offering a nurturing yoga class and then teaching you the skills, knowledge and tools on how to introduce nutrient-dense foods into your life and into your family's lives. We offered this series last year and had such a great response, we are doing it again!
Topic 1: Bone Broth
So why bone broth?
You’re first response may be, “What?” “Bone broth?” “Uh…not sure about that one”. Then you may stop and remember, “Oh yeah, this how my grandmother or great grandmother made her soups.” It is a tradition and staple in most countries around the world, but it is one that America is slowing losing due to lack of knowledge and time.
Bone broth is a traditional way to make use of the bones and cartilaginous parts of the animals we eat. It is highly nutritious and especially beneficial to anyone with digestive, joint, or skin problems. It is considered essential to chefs around the world. A true broth adds deep flavor to soups, stews, sauces, and more.
- Mineral rich for promoting, strong healthy bones: sodium, chloride, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium, sulphur (readily available for your body to use)
- Helps heal and seal your gut, and promotes healthy digestion
- Reduces joint pain and inflammation, courtesy of chondroitin sulphates, glucosamine, and other compounds extracted from the boiled down cartilage
- Inhibits infection caused by cold and flu viruses
- Fights inflammation: amino acids such as glycine, proline, and arginine all have anti-inflammatory effects.
For many of us it is a way to preserve culture and tradition.
Also included in the workshop:
- 1 hour yoga class -- Beginner Level-all are welcome
- Complete bone broth demonstration
- Recipe and Sample- *Please bring an 8oz jar to carry home a sample of finished broth
When: Sunday, March 13th, 2016
Time: 1-3pm (yoga, workshop)
Where: Court Street Market, 218 N Court St, Florence, AL 35630
Cost: $25/person $15/workshop only
- Space is limited
- Please confirm by email: Ashley@ashleybakeryoga.com or email@example.com
- Payment due by March 5th for confirmation
- Paypal: (see button below) Ashley@ashleybakeryoga.com
- Check: Ashley Baker (contact me for address)
- In person—Shoals Yoga or Full Life Wellness
Soul Food Series Dates:
- Sunday, March 13- Bone Broth Making (location: Court Street Market)
- Saturday, April 16- Juicing and Smoothies (location: Blue Water Creek Farm)
- Saturday, May 7- The Truth on Healthy Fats (location: Blue Water Creek Farm)
- Saturday, June 18- Fermentation Basics (location: Blue Water Creek Farm)
Each workshop is $25 or $75 for all. Click on Button below.
Leave a Comment