Soul+Food: Juicing and Smoothies
Liz Davis, RN, NTP, of Bluewater Creek Farm and Ashley Baker Haselton of Ashley Baker Yoga will be teaching a series of classes they have coined Soul+Food. Soul+Food is a way to synergistically promote a stronger, healthier mind, body and soul. They will be offering a nurturing yoga class and then teaching you the skills, knowledge and tools on how to introduce nutrient-dense foods into your life and into your family's lives. This series was offered last year and they had such a great response, they are doing it again!
Topic #2: How to make nutreint dense smoothies and fresh juices
Maybe you have heard these terms, know they are potentially healthy, have been told to add these into your life--- but you have no idea where to start... You are not alone!
There is so much information out there on these topics that it can be overwhelming and intimidating.
Maybe these have been some of your concerns and questions:
- What do I juice?
- How do I juice?
- What is a juicer and what kind do I buy?
- Where do I start?
- Isn't is easier to just buy the prepared juice in the store?
- What are the benefits of juicing and smoothies?
- Smoothies? Yeah, I have tried that and they never taste good.
-What do I put in a smoothie?
- The list goes on
I guarantee if you have ever considered juicing and smoothie making---you have had one or more of these questions.. And then overanalyze until you do absolutely nothing.
We will take you through the basics of juicing and smoothie making, share with you the health benefits of why you may want to consider making this part of your life, and help lessen your fears and concerns. You will leave with the knowledge and insight to feel completely confident starting on this journey!
Also included in the workshop:
- 1 hour yoga class -- Beginner Level-all are welcome
- Complete juicing and smoothie-making demonstration—step by step
- Recipe and juice/smoothie samples
- Farm Tour (optional)
When: Saturday, April 16, 2016
Time: 1pm-3pm (yoga, workshop, then farm tour)
Where: Blue Water Creek Farm
Cost: $25/person $15/workshop only
- Space is limited- 30 people max
- Please confirm by email:
- Please reserve your spot by April 9th
- Paypal: Ashley@ashleybakeryoga.com
- Check: Ashley Baker (contact me for address)
- In person—Shoals Yoga or Full Life Wellness
Leave a Comment